Here are some of the things I've been working on lately. First of all, I finished modeling and texturing all the characters and props for my film. The characters are:
Tiri- A baby Tyrannosaurus Rex
Chihuahua- A baby Brachiosaurus
Buzz (a.k.a. Marie Claire :P)- A dragonfly
There are two versions of the egg, one "broken", for the shot when Chihuahua comes out of the egg, and a solid one, for the rest of the shots (it's easier to animate).
I sculpted the textures for the characters and the props on clay (well, the egg on kraft paper). What I did was basically print the UVs from Maya, and then trace them onto transparent cel paper, and then built a sort of "tracing desk" so that I could sculpt the textures on clay and put the UVs on top every now and then to make sure they matched. Before going into the final textures, I did a test on a smaller piece of clay. Here are some pictures of the process:
Ok, this was a long post! hahaha, or at least it feels like it, I'm still trying to get used to using Blogger!!! :P. Bye for now.